- Maintained by: Community
- Authors: Community
- GitHub repo: dbt-athena/dbt-athena
- PyPI package:
- Slack channel: #db-athena
- Supported dbt Core version: v1.3.0 and newer
- dbt Cloud support: Not Supported
- Minimum data platform version: engine version 2 and 3
pip to install the adapter, which automatically installs
dbt-core and any additional dependencies. Use the following command for installation:
python -m pip install dbt-athena-community
For Athena-specific configuration, please refer to Athena configs.
Connecting to Athena with dbt-athena
This plugin does not accept any credentials directly. Instead, credentials are determined automatically based on AWS CLI/boto3 conventions and stored login info. You can configure the AWS profile name to use via aws_profile_name. Check out the dbt profile configuration below for details.
database: [database name]
[optional, profile to use from your AWS shared credentials file.]