dbt Cloud is the fastest and most reliable way to deploy your dbt jobs. It contains a myriad of settings that can be configured by admins, from the necessities (data platform integration) to security enhancements (SSO) and quality-of-life features (RBAC). This portion of our documentation will take you through the various settings found by clicking on the gear icon in the dbt Cloud UI, including:
- Connecting to a data platform
- Configuring access to GitHub, GitLab, or your own git repo URL.
- Managing users and licenses
- Configuring secure access
These settings are intended for dbt Cloud administrators. If you need a more detailed first-time setup guide for specific data platforms, read our quickstart guides.
If you want a more in-depth learning experience, we recommend taking the dbt Fundamentals on our dbt Learn online courses site.
- To set up dbt Cloud, you'll need to have a dbt Cloud account with administrator access. If you still need to create a dbt Cloud account, sign up today on our North American servers or contact us for international options.
- To have the best experience using dbt Cloud, we recommend you use modern and up-to-date web browsers like Chrome, Safari, Edge, and Firefox.