Hello from the dbt Docs team: @mirnawong1, @matthewshaver, @nghi-ly, and @runleonarun! We want to share some highlights introduced to docs.getdbt.com in the last month:
- API docs now live in the left sidebar to improve discoverability.
- The deploy dbt jobs sidebar has had a glow up 💅 that splits the ‘about deployment’ into two paths (deploy w dbt cloud and deploy w other tools), adds more info about the dbt cloud scheduler, its features, and how to create a job, adds ADF deployment guidance. We hope the changes improve the user experience and provide users with guidance when deploying with other tools.
☁ Cloud projects
- Added Starburst/Trino adapter docs, including:
- Enhanced dbt Cloud jobs page and section to include conceptual info on the queue time, improvements made around it, and about failed jobs.
- Check out the April dbt Cloud release notes
🎯 Core projects
- Clearer descriptions in the Jinja functions page, that improve content for each card.
- 1.5 Docs have been released as an RC!
- See the beautiful work captured in Core v 1.5.
New 📚 Guides and ✏️ blog posts
- Use Databricks workflows to run dbt Cloud jobs
- Refresh Tableau workbook with extracts after a job finishes
- dbt Python Snowpark workshop/tutorial
- How to optimize and troubleshoot dbt Models on Databricks
- The missing guide to debug() in dbt
- dbt Squared: Leveraging dbt Core and dbt Cloud together at scale
- Audit_helper in dbt: Bringing data auditing to a higher level