About dbt Cloud IDE
The dbt Cloud integrated development environment (IDE) is a single interface for building, testing, running, and version-controlling dbt projects from your browser. With the Cloud IDE, you can compile dbt code into SQL and run it against your database directly. The IDE leverages the open-source dbt-rpc plugin to recompile only the changes made in your project.
With the Cloud IDE, you can:
- Write modular SQL models with select statements and the ref() function,
- Compile dbt code into SQL and execute it against your database directly,
- Test every model before deploying them to production,
- Generate and view documentation of your dbt project,
- Leverage git and version-control your code from your browser with a couple of clicks,
- Create and test Python models:
- Compile Python models to see the full function that gets executed in your data platform
- See Python models in DAG in dbt version 1.3 and higher
- Currently, you can't preview python models
- Visualize a directed acyclic graph (DAG), and more.
For more information, read the complete Cloud IDE guide.