Please be aware of the following changes in v0.18.0. While breaking, we do not expect these to affect the majority of projects.
- dbt only has access to adapter plugin macros from the currently-in-use adapter or one of its dependencies, rather than all installed adapters in the namespace.
adapter_macrois no longer a macro and will raise a deprecation warning. Use
- Data tests are written as CTEs instead of subqueries. Adapter plugins for databases that don't support CTEs may need to override this behavior.
snowflake-connector-pythondependency to 2.2.10 and enabled the SSO token cache
For more details, see new and changed documentation below.
[β] Beta Features
There are several pieces of net-new functionality in v0.18.0, with iterative improvements to come. If you encounter unexpected behavior, please post in Slack or open an issue.
- [β] version-controlled YAML selectors
- [β] defer unselected node references to state defined by a previous run's artifacts
adapter_macro, with much greater flexibility
- Schema tests are now defined via
dispatch, such that non-core plugins can override schema test definitions
- Include static assets (such as images) in auto-generated docs site
- Improved resource search
- Project-level overviews
- Specify IAM profile when connecting to Redshift
- Snowflake query tags at connection and model level
- Impersonate a BigQuery service account when connecting via oauth
- Adding policy tags to BigQuery columns
- Configure time-to-live for BigQuery tables
- node selection syntax
- list (ls)
asset-pathsconfig (also updated dbt_project.yml and description)
- flag for colorized logs